I am a Licensed Professional Counselor with over ten years of experience in behavioral health. I obtained my Master of Science degree in Clinical Psychology from Alabama A&M University in 2008. From 2003 to 2005, I worked in the outpatient setting where I gained the foundation for my passion in the field. In 2005, I began working for an inpatient psychiatric hospital where I worked as a psychiatric screener in local emergency rooms. While working at the hospital, I was able to obtain a position as the Assessment & Referral Director which allowed me to manage and educate my team of screeners.
I have experience working with those in crisis, especially those who are suffering with depression and suicidal thoughts. I also have experience working with self-injurious behaviors, mood disorders, and childhood behavioral disorders. My experience is primarily with children and adolescents, although I have worked with a variety of ages.
I enjoy working with others and making connections with them. I enjoy helping others identify their strengths and giving them hope to find the meaning in life and to believe they have a purpose. Everyone needs somebody to believe in them and give them the tools needed to navigate through life. My goal is to help individuals achieve this as we grow together.
Education & Training:
- B.S.-Psychology-Freed-Hardeman University
- M.S.-Clinical Psychology-Alabama A&M University
- Clinical Internship-Crestwood Behavioral Health
- National Board of Certified Counselors
- Suicide Prevention Task Force (SPEAK)-Huntsville Hospital Foundation
- Council on Aging for Huntsville/Madison County
- Youth Services Council of Madison County
- Mental Health Coalition of Madison County