I believe that the strength of the client-therapist relationship is one of the most important elements of successful treatment. Utilizing Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Strengths-Based Therapy, I collaborate with my clients with the goal of helping them achieve improved mood and symptom relief, despite their circumstances.
I am warm and direct and am dedicated to guiding others as they access their strengths, express a wide range of thoughts and feelings, and continually move toward a more fulfilling life.
For the last 19 years, I have been working with individuals across the age spectrum with issues related to depression, anxiety, life transitions, interpersonal conflict, stress management, substance use, and more. Reaching out for help can be a difficult first step and my priority is to assist my clients in feeling comfortable and confident while engaging in therapy.
- B.S. – Psychology – University of North Alabama
- M.S. – Clinical Psychology – Alabama A&M University
• Bipolar Disorder
• Substance Use Issues
• Thought Disorders
• Adjustment Disorders/Life Transitions
• Relationship Issues/Interpersonal Conflict
• Supporting families of those suffering from Serious Mental Illness and related issues
- Alabama Counseling Association (ALCA)
- National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- Licensed Supervising Counselor in the State of Alabama