Sarah R. McCoy, Ph.D.
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
I have over 10 years of experience providing comprehensive psychological services. My goal is to minimize the impact of your mental health challenges so that you can focus more on the things that are most important to you. I am passionate about my work and look forward to walking alongside you as you gain greater clarity, understanding, and management of your symptoms.
While my background is broad, I currently specialize in treating adolescents and adults who suffer from Major Depressive Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, Anxiety Disorders (including Panic Disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder), Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and Posttraumatic Stress Disorder. Assessment measures are utilized as needed in treatment to aid in diagnostic clarity and to track your progress.
I have extensive education, training, and experience in several treatment modalities, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Exposure and Response Prevention Therapy for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) for trauma. While the length of treatment will vary, my goal is to provide time-limited therapy focused on improving your symptoms and functioning. Each session includes a discussion of your current struggles (and successes!), as well as interventions to improve your current symptoms.
While my training is secular and I provide services to people of all faith backgrounds, I am a Christian who relies on Jesus as the foundation for all I do. For those interested, I can provide psychological services with a Christian perspective.
Education and Training:
- B.A. in Psychology – Butler University
- M.S. in Clinical Psychology – Marquette University
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology – Marquette University
- Pre-doctoral Internship – Allendale Association and Bradley Counseling Center
- Basic training certified in Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) – The EMDR Institute
- Behavior Therapy Training Institute (BTTI) certified – International OCD Foundation (IOCDF)
- American Psychological Association
- International OCD Foundation